Monday, May 02, 2005

Sanity Quotes

  You mustn't lose it.  ~Robin Williams I haven't lost my mind; I have a tape back-up somewhere.  ~Author Unknown I'll be the in to your sane.  ~Numan I am but mad north-north-west:  when the wind is southerly I know a hawk from a handsaw.  ~William Shakespeare Insanity is often the logic of an accurate mind overtasked.  ~Oliver W. Holmes, Sr., The Autocrat of the Breakfast-Table, 1858 I have my own little world, but it's okay - they know me here.  ~Author Unknown No man is sane who does not know how to be insane on proper occasions.  ~Henry Ward Beecher Madness is rare in individuals - but in groups, political parties, nations, and eras it's the rule.  ~Friedrich Nietzsche, Beyond Good and Evil, 1886 A man might pass for insane who should see things as they are.  ~William Ellery Channing I feel like a fugitive from the law of averages.  ~William H. Mauldin There is a pleasure sure In being mad which none but madmen know. ~John Dryden, The Spanish Friar, 1681 If you are physically sick, you can elicit the interest of a battery of physicians; but if you are mentally sick, you are lucky if the janitor comes around.  ~Martin H. Fischer No excellent soul is exempt from a mixture of madness.  ~Aristotle There is a bit of insanity in dancing that does everybody a great deal of good.  ~Edwin Denby A little madness in the Spring Is wholesome even for the King. ~Emily Dickinson Everything great in the world is done by neurotics; they alone founded our religions and created our masterpieces.  ~Marcel Proust Today I felt pass over me A breath of wind from the wing

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home