Monday, May 02, 2005

Running Quotes

  I know that when I see someone running on my street, my instincts tell me to let the dog go after him.  ~Mike Royko Only think of two things - the gun and the tape.  When you hear the one, just run like hell until you break the other.  ~Sam Mussabini The trouble with jogging is that the ice falls out of your glass.  ~Martin Mull Finland has produced so many brilliant distance runners because back home it costs $2.50 a gallon for gas.  ~Esa Tikkannen, 1979 Blink and you miss a sprint.  The 10,000 meters is lap after lap of waiting.  Theatrically, the mile is just the right length - beginning, middle, end: a story unfolding.  ~Sebastian Coe There are as many reasons for running as there are days in the year, years in my life.  But mostly I run because I am an animal and a child, an artist and a saint.  So, too, are you.  Find your own play, your own self-renewing compulsion, and you will become the person you are meant to be.  ~George Sheehan If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken Him completely by surprise.  ~P.Z. Pearce Everyone who has run knows that its most important value is in removing tension and allowing a release from whatever other cares the day may bring.  ~Jimmy Carter The difference between a jogger and a runner is an entry blank.  ~George Sheehan There is an itch in runners.  ~Arnold Hano I believe that the Good Lord gave us a finite number of heartbeats and I'm damned if I'm going to use up mine running up and down a street.  ~Neil Armstrong on jogging, in an interview with Walter Cronkite I don't think jog

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home