Monday, May 02, 2005

Quotes about Self

ask God who made you to keep on remaking you.  ~Norman Vincent Peale Each of us is something of a schizophrenic personality, tragically divided against ourselves.  ~Martin Luther King, Jr., Strength to Love, 1963 I was right not to be afraid of any thief but myself, who will end by leaving me nothing.  ~Katherine Anne Porter The only man we have any respect for, is he who uses all the endowment he has, and uses it until he bleeds.  ~Martin H. Fischer And remember, no matter where you go, there you are.  ~Confucius There are at least two kinds of cowards.  One kind always lives with himself, afraid to face the world.  The other kind lives with the world, afraid to face himself.  ~Roscoe Snowden The outward man is the swinging door; the inner man is the still hinge.  ~Eckhart My life has been one great big joke, A dance that's walked, A song that's spoke, I laugh so hard I almost choke, When I think about myself. ~Maya Angelou What other dungeon is so dark as one's own heart!  What jailer so inexorable as one's self.  ~Nathaniel Hawthorne, The House of Seven Gables, 1822 It is not easy to find happiness in ourselves, and it is not possible to find it elsewhere.  ~Agnes Repplier I took a deep breath and listened to the old bray of my heart.  I am.  I am.  I am.  ~Sylvia Plath In every part and corner of our life, to lose oneself is to be

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home