Monday, May 02, 2005

Prejudice Quotes

In overcoming prejudice, working together is even more effective than talking together.  ~Ralph W. Sockman Prejudice is all in your head.  ~As seen on a button A minority group has "arrived" only when it has the right to produce some fools and scoundrels without the entire group paying for it.  ~Carl T. Rowan If only closed minds came with closed mouths.  ~As seen on a button Our prejudices are like physical infirmities - we cannot do what they prevent us from doing.  ~John Lancaster Spalding Small is the number of people who see with their eyes and think with their minds.  ~Albert Einstein Somehow our devils are never quite what we expect when we meet them face to face.  ~Nelson DeMille Prejudice is the child of ignorance.  ~William Hazlitt You cannot shake hands with a clenched fist.  ~Attributed to both Golda Meir and Indira Gandhi Prejudices subsist in people's imagination long after they have been destroyed by their experience.  ~Ernest Dimnet I am an invisible man.... I am a man of substance, of flesh and bone, fiber and liquids - and I might even be said to possess a mind.  I am invisible, understand, simply because people refuse to see me.  ~Ralph Ellison, The Invisible Man, 1952 I have no color prejudices nor caste prejudices nor creed prejudices.  All I care to know is that a man is a human being, and that is enough for me; he can't be any worse.  ~Mark Twain I think there's just one kind of folks.  Folks.  ~Harper Lee, To Kill a Mockingbird If you judge people you have no time to love them.  ~Mother Teresa No man has ever been born a Negro hater, a Jew hater, or any other kind of hater.  Nature refuses to be involved in such suicidal practices.  ~Harry Bridges Let us have but one end in view, the welfare of humanity; and let us put aside all selfishness in consideration of language, nationality, or religion.  ~John Comenius, 17th century philosopher O Lord, help me not to despise or oppose what I do not understand.  ~William Penn Related Quotations: Hate,  Racism Page Information: www.quotegarden.net/prejudice.html document.write(LastUpdate())        

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home