Monday, May 02, 2005

Insect Quotes

  ~Bradley Millar What do you suppose? A bee sat on my nose. Then what do you think? He gave me a wink And said, "I beg your pardon, I thought you were the garden." ~English Rhyme God in His wisdom made the fly And then forgot to tell us why. ~Ogden Nash, "The Fly" Though snails are exceedingly slow, There is one thing I'd like to know. If I out run 'em round the yard, How come they beat me to the chard? ~Allen Klein If you think you are too small to be effective, you have never been in bed with a mosquito.  ~Betty Reese I never could have thought of it, To have a little bug all lit And made to go on wings. ~Elizabeth Madox Roberts, "Firefly" How doth the little busy bee Improve each shining hour, And gather honey all the day From every opening flower! ~Isaac Watts, "Divine Songs" The pedigree of honey does not concern the bee, a clover, anytime, to him, is aristocracy.  ~Emily Dickinson Deep in the sun-searched growths the dragonfly Hangs like a blue thread loosened from the sky. ~Dante Gabriel Rossetti, Silent Noon We are closer to the ants than to butterflies.  Very few people can endure much leisure.  ~Gerald Brenan And what's a buterfly?  At best, He's but a ceterpillar, drest. ~John Grey Aerodynamically the bumble bee shouldn't be able to fly, but the bumble bee doesn't know it, so it goes on flying anyway.  ~Mary

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home