Friday, May 13, 2005

Human Rights Quotes

  ~Abraham Lincoln I would remind you that extremism in the defense of liberty is no vice!  And let me remind you also that moderation in the pursuit of justice is no virtue.  ~Barry Goldwater By a divine paradox, wherever there is one slave there are two.  So in the wonderful reciprocities of being, we can never reach the higher levels until all our fellows ascend with us.  ~Edwin Markham I am not interested in picking up crumbs of compassion thrown from the table of someone who considers himself my master.  I want the full menu of rights.  ~Bishop Desmond Tutu, quoted in You Said a Mouthful edited by Ronald D. Fuchs Give to every human being every right that you claim for yourself.  ~Robert Ingersoll I believe in equality for everyone, except reporters and photographers.  ~Gandhi And we who have toiled for freedom's law, have we sought for freedom's soul? Have we learned at last that human right is not a part but the whole? ~John Boyle O'Reilly It is often easier to become outraged by injustice half a world away than by oppression and discrimination half a block from home.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home