Monday, May 02, 2005

Habit Quotes

The unfortunate thing about this world is that good habits are so much easier to give up than bad ones.  ~Somerset Maugham Habit, if not resisted, soon becomes necessity.  ~St. Augustine The second half of a man's life is made up of nothing but the habits he has acquired during the first half.  ~Feodor Dostoevski Enduring habits I hate.... Yes, at the very bottom of my soul I feel grateful to all my misery and bouts of sickness and everything about me that is imperfect, because this sort of thing leaves me with a hundred backdoors through which I can escape from enduring habits.  ~Friedrich Nietzsche, The Gay Science, 1882 Habits are at first cobwebs, then cables.  ~Spanish Proverb Habit is a second nature which prevents us from knowing the first, of which it has neither the cruelties nor the enchantments.  ~Marcel Proust The easier it is to do, the harder it is to chan

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home