Tuesday, May 17, 2005

El Dia de los Muertos Citas, Quotes for Day of the Dead

From my rotting body, flowers shall grow and I am in them and that is eternity.  ~Edvard Munch I knew a man who once said, "death smiles at us all; all a man can do is smile back."  ~From the movie Gladiator Death is for many of us the gate of hell; but we are inside on the way out, not outside on the way in.  ~George Bernard Shaw For what is it to die, But to stand in the sun and melt into the wind? ~Kahlil Gibran, from "The Prophet" Let children walk with Nature, let them see the beautiful blendings and communions of death and life, their joyous inseparable unity, as taught in woods and meadows, plains and mountains and streams of our blessed star, and they will learn that death is stingless indeed, and as beautiful as life.  ~John Muir Someday I'll be a weather-beaten skull resting on a grass pillow, Serenaded by a stray bird or two. Kings and commoners end up the same, No more enduring than last night's dream. ~Ryokan Death is patiently making my mask as I sleep.  Each morning I awake to discover in the corners of my eyes the small tears of his wax.  ~Philip DowFor death is no more than a turning of us over from time to eternity.  ~William Penn Paradise - I see flowers from the cottage where I lie. ~Yaitsu's death poem, 1807 As a well spent day brings happy sleep, so life well used brings happy death.  ~Leonardo DaVinci A dying man needs to die, as a sleepy man needs to sleep, and there comes a time when it is wrong, as well as useless, to resist.  ~Stewart

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home