Friday, May 06, 2005

Alcohol and Drinking Quotes

If four or five guys tell you that you're drunk, even though you know you haven't had a thing to drink, the least you can do is to lie down a little while.  ~Joseph Schenck This is one of the disadvantages of wine:  it makes a man mistake words for thought.  ~Samuel Johnson One reason I don't drink is that I want to know when I am having a good time.  ~Lady Astor Once, during Prohibition, I was forced to live for days on nothing but food and water.  ~W.C. Fields It is most absurdly said, in popular language, of any man, that he is disguised in liquor; for, on the contrary, most men are disguised by sobriety.  ~Thomas de Quincy, Confessions of an English Opium-Eater, 1856 It takes 8,460 bolts to assemble an automobile, and one nut to scatter it all over the road.  ~Author unknown, as seen on a bumper sticker The harsh, useful things of the world, from pulling teeth to digging potatoes, are best done by men who are as starkly sober as so many convicts in the death-house, but the lovely and useless things, the charming and exhilarating things, are best done by men with, as the phrase is, a few sheets in the wind.  ~H.L. Mencken, Prejudices, Fourth Series, 1924 What's drinking? A mere pause from thinking! ~George Gordon, Lord Byron, The Deformed Transformed I like to keep a bottle of stimulant handy in case I see a snake, which I also keep handy.  ~W.C. Fields You don't have to be a beer drinker to play darts, but it helps.  ~Author Unknown Sometimes when I reflect back on all the beer I drink I feel ashamed.  Then I look into the glass and think about the workers in the brewery and all of their hopes and dreams.  If I didn't drink this beer, they might be out of work and their dreams would be shattered.  Then I say to myself, it is better that I drink this beer and let their dreams come true than be selfish and worry about my liver.  ~Jack Handey? When the wine is in, the wit is out.  ~Proverb I feel sorry for people who don't drink.  When they wake up in the morning, t

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home